Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July

I'm a military minded girl. Many members of my family served in the military: both grandfathers and my step-grandfather; my cousin; my ex-husband and ex-father in law; several of my ex-boyfriends; many of my friends are now or have been military types.

For some reason, I think of them -- all of the soldiers I have known, and those I have not, the ones who are still with us and the ones who have gone on -- more on the Fourth of July than on Memorial Day. I don't know why, except that maybe -- maybe it's because Memorial Day is so funereal and somber, and the Fourth of July is celebratory. I like the idea of celebrating what we have here, what people have fought for, and the ongoing fight to keep it.

So to our military, and their families: thank you for what you do every day. God Bless.

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment