Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday, I'm In Love

I would like to start a new tradition: Fridays will be a list of 5 things I LOVE. (Reminding yourself of fabulousness as you look forward to a weekend never hurts!)

5. Michael Jackson's Thriller. I was in second or third grade when that record came out. As such, I own it on vinyl. It's still awesome. Whatever else was true about Michael Jackson, that record is reflective of genius. (There's a video retrospective on right now as it's the anniversary of his death, but I'm turning it off to listen to Thriller in all of it's original scratchy vinyl glory)

4. The video for Smooth Criminal. It's sooooo cooooool. (How cool? You ask? This cool: www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVpQ0ZG8Q )

(Thus endeth the Michael Jackson portion of the list)

3. Seeing the sunrise on my early morning walks. Being outside at 6:00 AM is kind of a shock to my (not so much awake) system, but it's a wonderful way to start the day. This morning the sunrise over the tobacco fields (yes, you read that correctly) was BEAUTIFUL.

4. Crazy nailpolish colours. Too fun.


5. This little face, watching me adoringly as I work:


1 comment:

  1. This is funny; I just posted one of my favorite Jackson videos on FB -- "Dancin' Machine" by the Jackson 5. Michael was amazing in it; almost grown up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD2OsUcgb00

    Love "Thriller", love "Smooth Criminal" videos.

    LOVE that cat! mrrowww

    ReplyDelete