Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo, Day 1

Oh yeah, if I'm going to do NaNoWriMo, you're going to HEAR about it. Because, duh. Because it's difficult and crazy-making and I'm gonna have to vent.

So.

Today is the first day. The first day of anything, I've noticed, is the easiest AND the hardest. It's when you're fresh -- wooohooo I'm raring to go -- and it's also the day when quitting is the most simple thing under the sun. Like, oh, well, if I don't actually START then I can't fail ... and it would be awesome not to fail ... so when anyone asks me I can tell them that I just changed my mind.

There must be fifty ways to sneak out of writing a novel, as the song says.

But I'm not going to, and not just because my mom has been after me to finish a novel for years (like, since I learned how to write. Also, HI MOM!) and not just because other people (you know who you are) have also been up my bucket about it, but because I owe it to myself to finish something I start. Especially if it's hard.

Today's goal -- in case you're wondering, and I bet you weren't -- is to figure out a schedule for writing and, you know, start writing.

This might be easier said (or, you know, typed) than done? But I'm doing it.

One Novel, coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment