Friday, October 7, 2011

Some Kind of Wonderful (Shameless Plug for Making Strides)

As I've mentioned, I was a teacher once upon a time.

The young people I had the good fortune to work with are an amazing group, and they ALL continue to astound me and make me incredibly proud.

Which is why I want to direct you here: http://www.makestrides.net/

I had the pleasure of working with both of these young men. They are smart, they are hysterically funny, they are open hearted, and knowing them -- even for a short time -- was a pleasure. So now they're walking across the country to see what they can do to make a difference in the lives of others. Because they're just that awesome.

Check it out. Follow them. Donate if you can. And think about what you can do to pay it forward.

Happy Friday, Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment