Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween/Braaaiiinnnss!

It's Halloween. I went out over the weekend and rocked my costume (Yes, I promised photos... and no, I didn't take any. However, I will probably be able to find some. Somewhere.)

And did it snow? Oh yes, it did.

And am I now fairly sick? Oh yes, oh yes I am.

Things I could say that I am today with NO costume or make up:

1. A Cullen. (Okay, this might require glitter. But the pasty pale I've got down.)

2. A zombie (more on this in a bit)

3. Frankenstein's monster (not green, but shuffle-y and prone to monosyllablic mutterings).

So, yay for me. I think.

About the zombies. I've been thinking about them and have some thoughts and questions.

Such as:

If you were a vegetarian, and you became zombie-fied, would your zombie cry be "Asparaaaaguussss!" instead of "braaaaainnsss!"?

I guess I get why the zombies shuffle and shamble along in most zombie mythology (we are assuming that they're mostly about the drive to survive and gross motor skills, right?) but as such -- how do they ever catch ANYONE? Is it this a strength in numbers thing?

Speaking of shuffling and shambling -- how come the zombies in the Thriller video are super smooth and speedy dancers, but again with the inability to run? Is that a commentary that MJ's music is so freaky fabulous that even a ZOMBIE will dance to it? (and would that be a good way to overcome the zombie hoardes in a Pied-Piper fashion?)

Why do people bother shooting zombies in the torso? What are they hoping to accomplish other than irritating him?

Do zombies sleep? What's the lifespan of a zombie that doesn't get her hands on tasty brains? How long before they start to turn on each other?

Much like shooting zombies is ineffective, it seems that lighting them on fire is not a good way to get rid of them. Because --- then you have a zombie that can kill you ANOTHER way. Flamethrower + rampaging zombie mob = catastrophe for the non-reanimated, I think.

This is a goofy post. We'll chalk it up to being sick on Halloween... and I hope yours is both lovely and devoid of any brain-chomping zombie fiends.

2 comments:

  1. Some interesting questions you have there. Perhaps you should organise a zombie talk group with some of your friends. Would love to be part of that, but only a few thousand miles out of the way :(
    Regardless, sounds like you have a good time.

    Ciao bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps there should be some sort of International Zombie Threat Think Tank. No?

    ReplyDelete