Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Morning Brain Fuzzies

My brain is not fully engaged this morning, so today is going to be a fairly disconnected series of thoughts. However, since it's Monday, I suspect that your brain may not be fully engaged either, so maybe between the two of us, we'll make some sense. Or something.

Here's to hoping.

Anyway, here's what's on what's left of my mind:

1. I received an email where the writer sweetly took my leave with "ciao, bella" and in doing so made me realize that it's not that hard to make me happy. (Yeah, it might be a played out line... so what? It's cute.)

2. Insomnia sucks. Seriously. I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night in over a week and it's becoming increasingly obvious, especially if you talk to me in the early morning, when the discombobulation is at its peak. Take this morning, for example, as I stood in front of my new coffee pot and tried like mad to remember how it worked. "Okay, um. Water. Right, I need to add water." Pour water into coffee mug. "And it goes? ... Um. Huh." I needed a cup of coffee in order to MAKE a cup of coffee.

People. It wasn't pretty. But eventually I remembered how it worked, so that was something (and I am reminded that I am due for another cup. Hang on a moment ...

... okay, I still know how to work it. Success. However, these sort of struggles make me realize that it's a darned good thing I don't have to drive to work.

3. Yesterday, I did three things that I never thought I would do all at the same time. They were:

a. carve a pumpkin
b.drink beer
c. watch "This is Spinal Tap"

I've combined a and b, and b and c, but never all three. In hindsight, these are activities that ABSOLUTELY should be concurrent. Drinking good beer, laughing like a jackalope, and getting stabby with an unsuspecting pumpkin? Kids, it doesn't get much better than that. (I should have taken a photo of my pumpkin when I was through with it, but sadly did not. Ah well.)

4. This weekend is HALLOWEEN COSTUME WEEKEND. You should be excited because my costume? Is awesome. If you're nice to me I'll share photos. (Oh who am I kidding? I'll share photos anyway because I have no pride, dignity, or shame. )

Oh look, I seem to be waking up. Yay for me -- I hope your own Monday morning brain fuzzies are clearing away as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment