Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blogging Every Day is HARD, she whined

Oh hi there.

You thought I might miss a day, didn't you? Well, I'm here to prove you wrong. I'm just behind, busy with work and ... oh wait, you don't care, do you? You just want some bloggy goodness to fill up the reading portion of your day.

Well, I am here to serve. AND to make an annoucement. (Are you excited? No? Sheesh, you're a tough crowd.)

I don't know if you know this (maybe you're new to my blog. If so: Hi! Glad you stopped by ... I have some lovely archives, if you're interested ...) but I committed to writing a post every day. For a YEAR. At the time it seemed like a bit of a lark -- tra laaaa, tra laaaa, a post every day, how hard can it be?

Well, kids, let's just put it this way: Now I know why people who commit to NaBloPoMo and writing a post every day for a MONTH agonize over it and often fail to complete their mission. It's actually pretty hard to crank out a post worth reading every day. (And I will fully confess that once or twice? I have completely failed in the "worth reading" aspect of posting. I've posted some crap. There, I said it) But I am determined! I am motivated!

I am STUBBORN!

And sometimes? I am at a loss for ideas... so I'm turning to some of my creative writing tricks and strategems to help a sister out. Though these are strategies I used when teaching creative writing (waaaaaay back in the day, when I did that sort of thing), the blog posts shall remain, shall we say, sadly very much about my goofy life.

Which brings me to my big old announcement. (I should warn you that this is an awful lot of buildup for not so very much payoff, but ... well, I was a drama student for a reason, I guess).

Here it is: for the next 26 days, I will be blogging the alphabet. Every day, a different letter. Every day, a story related to that letter. Hopefully some of them will be funny, hopefully some will be thought provoking, hopefully they will ALL be coherent (some of these get written in the wee hours) ... and hopefully, Dear Blog Reader, you will be entertained enough to keep coming back.

... and as always, hopefully I finish the year with 365 blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment