1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:00 AM. Same as every other week day.
2. How do you like your steak? Oh steak, I miss you. I don't eat meat anymore. When I did, I liked it cooked so that I could hear it faintly whisper "moo"...
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Black Swan. Seriously, if you've seen that movie, I'd love to talk about it. I can't stop thinking about it and the twisty-craftiness of the layers of jacked-upness.
4. What are some of your favorite TV shows? I don't watch a tremendous amount of television, but I enjoy NCIS. Oh, that Mark Harmon. Dreamy.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? The boring answer? Right where I am. I'm happy here in New Hampshire, despite the fact that it's SNOWMAGEDDON! It's a SNOWPOCALYPSE! SNOW MY GOD! (No, seriously, I love New Hampshire.)
6. What did you have for breakfast? Coffee. Followed by a coffee, and then rounded out with another coffee.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? I love spicy foods of all kinds. Yes, I know "spicy" isn't technically a cuisine. But my love for spicy-ness crosses all cuisine boundary lines.
8. What foods do you dislike? There are foods that I know are good for me but that I don't enjoy. I wish I liked them. I wish I liked salmon. I don't. Not even a little. I wish I enjoyed green tea. (I keep trying to tell myself it's delicious and my taste buds look at me in disbelief. "This AGAIN? Are you kidding? We HATE this!" But it's so good for me! "We DON'T CARE!") Sigh.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? As in, an eatery? Or as in a geographic location? This is a trick question, I think. Okay, for eateries: There's an Italian restaurant in North Carolina called La Piazza. Amazing, locally owned, glorious.
Geographically? The beach. Everything tastes better at the beach. Even if it's sandy and gritty. Still more delicious for proximity to the ocean.
10. Favorite salad dressings? Bleu cheese. I would eat concrete if it was dunked in bleu cheesey goodness.
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? A VW Rabbit. That car just makes me happy in a most ridiculous way.
12. What are your favorite clothes? I like skirts and sweaters.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Hmmm. In the US I would enjoy Napa Valley, I think. Scenery. Wine. Like the mothership calling me home. In terms of the entire globe? Tuscany. (Wait ... scenery ... wine ... I see a theme).
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Depends on the day. I would LIKE the cup to seem half full, and to be a half full kind of person. On a bad day, though, the cup is almost totally empty.
15. Where would you want to retire? I find this question curious, primarily because of the fact that, due to the nature of my job and the power of the internets, I can quite literally work from anywhere; as such, the going off to retire someplace is sort of moot. However, wherever I fetch up, I would like there to be a beach nearby (...and possibly cabana boys...).
16. Favorite time of day? I like sunrise and sunset best.
17. Where were you born? Dover, New Hampshire
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? I have a new and strange obsession with watching golf. I think it's because it's one of the few things my dad and I both enjoy.
19. Bird watcher? I like birds. I usually can't tell you what I'm looking at unless it's kind of a gimme (hummingbird, check. Cardinal, check. Peacock, check. Um ... in the tree over there -- it's ... a little brown bird!)
20. Are you a morning person or a night person? Both, given the correct circumstances.
21. Do you currently have a crush? Yes. Moving on.
22. Pets? I have a cat. Or rather, the cat has me.
23. Any new and exciting news that you'd like to share? It's sad to me that the answer to this question is no at the moment. I would love for there to be new and exciting and happy news in my life... and while I am happy, there is no news. (Perhaps no new is good news?)
24. What did you want to be when you were little? When I was little, I wanted to be the boss of everybody. Oh wait, like a job? "Boss of everybody" isn't a job?
25. What is your best childhood memory? Blowing soap bubbles on my nana's porch on an overcast Easter morning.
26. Are you a cat or dog person? I have a cat. I love cats. I also really love dogs. I may have a split personality, animal wise.
27.. Are you married? and do you have children? (mildly hysterical laughter ensues) No. and No.
28. Always wear your seat belt? I have a history of being hit by cars. And trucks. And the occasional bus. So I can tell you with some authority that seat belts save lives.
29. Been in a car accident? see the above.
30. Any pet peeves? It annoys me when people use quotation marks gratuitously.
31. Favorite pizza topping? Pineapple and jalapeno (don't judge. It's like a circus for your taste buds!)
32. Favorite Flower? Hydrangeas. Daffodils. Gerbera daisies. Lilacs. Orchids. Dandelions. (Ever drive by a field full of happy yellow dandelions in the afternoon sunlight? Amazing.)
33. Favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Cake Batter Ice Cream. Oh those boys. I should break up with them, but I can't ... they're so loyal. And sweet.
33. Favorite fast food restaurant? I don't eat a lot of fast food. Does Panera count? I like Panera.
34. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Zero. Which, if you've ever witnessed me trying to parallel park? Shocking.
35. From whom did you get your last email? I get a lot of email, both of the personal and work variety. Perhaps a better question would be "From whom do you WISH your last email was from?" and I'd say, "Mind your own, Nosy Nellie." You're a cheeky one.
36. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I would prefer NOT to max out my credit card, thank you very much. I would very much love to have a ginormous gift card to Barnes and Noble (if I was going to get one at a big national chain) because ... oh books, how I love them. I love the way they look, I love the way they smell, I love everything about them... and I love bookstores. And libraries. And other places where the books hang out.
37. Do anything spontaneous lately? Sure. Oh -- did you want to know what it was?! Not telllllling.
38. Like your job? My job makes me really tired. But I love the people I work with, so that makes all the difference, I think.
39. Broccoli? I'm sorry, but this isn't a real question. If it's meant to ask, do I enjoy broccoli, then yes, I do. Are we rationing words, though that we can't write "Do you like broccoli?" And if so, why? For what are we SAVING the words?
40. What was your favorite vacation? I really enjoyed vacationing by myself in Boston. I know that's weird, because I live in New Hampshire now, but when I lived in North Carolina I took a week and went to Boston by myself and just roaaaaaaamed around. It was the best experience. So valuable.
41. Last person you went out to dinner with? Kristen.
42. What are you listening to right now? The Barenaked Ladies ... and the Storm Troopers upstairs. They're an unruly lot.
43. What is your favorite color? I love a lot of colours. I'm a big fan of orange. I also like red quite a lot... and blue. I wear a lot of blue. Oh, and purple. I like purple. I'm not good at choosing a single colour, apparently. I like every single crayon in the box.
44. How many tattoos do you have? Four.
45. Coffee drinker? Oh coffee. How I heart you and your tasty goodness.
46. How many children do you have? Zero.
47. Favorite season? Seasons, ranked in order of favoritism. Fall. Spring. Winter. Summer. (I don't like to be hot... which probably explains why North Carolina didn't really work for me).
48. Favorite music? I don't think I can choose. I'm not very discriminating. I kind of like everything.
49. Favorite holiday? I don't think I have a favorite holiday. Is that weird? Do most people have one of these?
50. Country or City? Beach.
51. Favorite Hobby? Reading... and writing ... and travelling ... and singing ... and generally being completely goofy.