Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday. Feh.


I am going to out myself right now: I am day-ist.

I prefer some days of the week to others. There, I said it.

I’m not even ashamed.

I always thought that Monday got kind of a bad rap. It’s not Monday’s fault that it’s traditionally the beginning of the work week, I thought.  And, you know, Mondays are full of possibilities and beginnings and all of that kind of “whee I’m so positive” goodness.

Wednesday is nice. Wednesday is the tipping point of the week, after a couple days of uphill, it’s nice to be able to look down the other side of Wednesday and see the weekend. I kind of always picture Saturday and Sunday as kicking back in lawnchairs, drinking boat drinks, and waving merrily as if to say “You’ll get here! And when you do, the cabana boy will bring you something delicious, with an umbrella sticking out of it!”

I bear no animosity towards Thursday. I mean, sure, it’s like Friday’s less popular brother, the one he has to bring with him everywhere because his mom said he had to, but he's tolerable. I can hang with some Thursday.

And, well, Friday? Friday is like the DJ of the weekend party. Friday sets the tone.  Friday is the cool kid you want to hang out with all night and well into the morning, when you can finally pull up a chaise with Saturday and Sunday and soak in the rays.

Tuesdays, however, suck.

I hate me some Tuesday.

Oh I see the NEED for Tuesday, but MAN, Tuesdays are tough. The novelty of Monday is LONG gone, and the weekend isn’t even visible until you hit Wednesday. So it’s just 24 hours of grunt labour. It’s like … life boot camp.

And it’s ENDLESS. Tuesday passes more slowly than a rainy Sunday afternoon.  Every hour is at least 240 minutes long.

Tuesdays result in a lot of coffee drinking, soul searching, and desperate longings for escape.

I’m sorry Tuesday, but I loathe you.  I keep trying to like you and you keep stretching on forever and ever, into the future. Time may be wibbly wobbly, but you are impenetrable and endless and all I want is for you to be over.

Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment