Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Ugh

I know today is a post day and I know I'm super late but a) I have been nonstop all day and b) today is the third anniversary of when I lost Bean.

If you never loved a pet, you probably think that continuing to grieve is stupid. Even if you have loved a pet, you might think I'm insane for still mourning her. To which I can only say, as politely as possible: please piss off. For ten years she was my continual sidekick, and I'll miss her furry little face for as long as I do.

Lizzie B., Miss Elizabeth Bennett, is a lovely companion and I adore her. But she is not my shadow the way Bean was, and I'm actually thankful for that. Lizzie is my adored cat. Bean was my baby. Again, you might think that I'm nuts but you can feel free to take a long walk off a short pier. It is what it is. Bean was with me through marriage and divorce and moving and moving and moving and homelessness and there was never a time when she didn't chirp with joy when I walked through the door or charm the shoes off of anyone she met. She was my familiar, and I loved her to pieces and miss her like crazy.

So yeah. This is a crazy cat lady post and I don't even feel that badly about it. Hug your pets. Hug them tight. Spoil them like mad while you have them. Do it for Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment