Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday Doesn't Even Start

The trouble with daily blogging is that some days, it's very difficult to think of anything to write about. I've taken to making notes during the course of my day, in case I think "Oooh, I'll want to write about THAT later" but, like many of the things I scribble down during the course of the day, they later make zero sense.

However, in an effort to honour my own efforts to make the daily blog happen, I am going to take some of my more obscure jottings and try to say something about them. This some of what is written in my notebook:
*shoe things?
*Not deciding is a decision
*Rubber duckies!
*calculus
*bedroom tv

1. Shoe Things?

I don't know what this means, to be honest. A few weeks ago I was on a mission to find purple shoes. Why did I need purple shoes, you may be asking.

BECAUSE.

That's why.

I have a hard time finding shoes that fit properly because my feet -- well, they're large-ish. They're like air craft carriers sitting there, attached to my ankles. I have big feet for a girl, it's true. So buying ANY shoes can be a challenge (except for flip flips; I have a zillion pairs of flip flops because they're easy to buy), but purple shoes? Total pain the the tushie.

I did eventually find a pair -- score -- of lovely, eggplant coloured suede 3 inch stillettos. ON SALE. They're glorious. They hurt my toes, but they look GREAT.

Maybe that's what I meant by "shoe things?" -- but I don't really know.

2. Not deciding is a decision



This is followed on the page by a giant, all caps and heavily underlined ARGH!!!!! Apparently, I was frustrated, though not frustrated enough to remember what it was that I am referring to here.
 
I can struggle with indecision, it's true. Sometimes, I struggle with knowing if I even have to MAKE a decision -- is decisive action required here? Or can things just go on for a little bit longer before decisions have to be made? And, of course, at some point, not deciding really does become a decision ...
 
That IS irritating; I must have gotten over it, though.
 
3. Rubber Duckies!
 
I love rubber ducks. I don't know why. I don't HAVE any, either, because I already am a minor collector of a few odd things: gargoyles. Jellyfish. I don't need to add rubber bathtub duckies to my assortment of stuff that is accumulating, I don't think. The exclamation point indicates that I was REALLY excited about the duckies for a minute there -- and as cute as I think they are, I can't imagine getting THAT happy about them. (Unless maybe it was a disco duckie dressed in a gold lame leisure suit. That would be awesome. I would totally need that... but then, who wouldn't?)
 
4. Calculus
 
I took calc, and I clearly recall being quite traumatized by the experience, but I've mostly blocked it out. So unless I was meaning to write about the horror that was this class --which I will spare you, but know this: TERRIFYING. And also, tedious -- I don't know. (Though I will say that the fact that calculus isn't really even fodder for a blog is additional proof that it cannot ever be used in a real-life setting. So there.
 
5. Bedroom TV
 
This one I DO recall. I was conversing with friends about tvs, and many of them were discussing having televisions in their bedrooms.
 
I don't have a tv in my bedroom. I actually hope NEVER to have a tv in my bedroom. I don't want to watch tv in there. Ever. You know what I think bedrooms should have? BOOKSHELVES. Which makes me think -- I don't have any of those in there, either, but that would be awesome. I should get on that. Maybe later... and maybe when I do, I'll have something to actually write about.
 
Unlike today.

No comments:

Post a Comment