Monday, December 5, 2011

Balancing Acts

I am sitting at my desk. The skin on my face feels like it is stretched too tightly. My back already hurts, and I have a headache.

It's 7 AM.

I've been here for an hour.  I already know that I won't be going to trivia tonight. It starts at 8 PM and I know I won't be done with work.

I can't remember the last time I made it to the gym. I can't remember the last time I even went for a walk.

My relationships are suffering. I'm getting emails that say things like "Helllloooo? Are you still alive?"

My nerves are shot.

I'm beyond tired.

I constantly feel like I need to cry.

I think my coworkers are afraid of me at this point. I'm not usually cranky, but now I hear myself snapping at people.

For the first time ever, I'm relieved that I'm alone in my office and that I don't have a family of my own, because I don't know what I would do if I had to feed, clothe, converse with someone else.

Something has to give.

I just don't know what or how.

2 comments:

  1. Just know that there are people out there who care for you. You'll get through it. Prove me right :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say I know how you feel! I think most of feel like this, specially this time of year! Even know that this is a time for rejoice and happiness, it seems to drag stress and depression along with it. So i would say what you need is a break from the norm! Do something erratic,even crazy to snap you out of your slump! Spend time with an old friend, perhaps someone you haven't seen in a while. Enjoy a glass of wine with that person or persons and soak up the tranquility of the momment! Try not to get to caught up in your work....take a break!....your mind will thank you for it...............(A).........

    ReplyDelete