Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

My toes are cold. I should put socks on. Or shoes. Or I could turn up the heat. Eh, I don’t want to turn up the heat. Electric heat is not cheap. When did I become a person who thought those thoughts “I’d rather be chilly than turn up the heat?” Where did THAT come from? Seriously, next I’ll be covering my furniture with plastic and crocheted blankets. Actually, a crocheted blanket would be kind of awesome. Good for snuggling into the couch. With a cup of tea. And a Jane Austen novel. And yep, it’s official – I am like 100 years old. Good grief. See, that settles it: WHO SAYS GOOD GRIEF? Me. Me and my cold toes do, that’s who. I should buy some slippers. Slippers would keep my toes warm. Except, would I wear them? Bet I wouldn’t. Because I have socks and I’m not wearing those. I have some cool socks, too. I did not appreciate the land of flip flops, aka North Carolina, when I lived there. Poor cold toesies. Oh man, look at those toes. I need a pedicure. STAT. Or at least I need to find my nailpolish so I can touch those tootsies up. They look sad. Poor, chilly, neglected feet. They miss the warm beach sand of the summer. Me too, toes, me too. Hey, I wonder where my toe ring went. Who even came up with those? “You know what would be awesome? Rings. FOR YOUR FEET.” Yeah, awesome. Except they kind of are awesome. They’re cute. I don’t know WHY they’re cute, but some things are inexplicably fabulous like that. Kind of like some people are attractive for no quantifiable reason. When I was a freshman in college my roomies and I made the Inexplicably Hot list. The only person I can remember who was on that list was Bono, though. Because, hello. Hot. But kind of not really. Maybe an accent makes everyone a little more attractive? Even when it’s being a little (or a whole lot) arrogant? Is someone conducting a study on this? Someone should. These are the things people want to know! Or maybe they’re just the things that I want to know. Right now, the biggest mystery is why I am still writing this post, when I CLEARLY need to put something on my feet. Guess I’ll wrap it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment