Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is It Getting Hot in Here?

My best friend has a term for when I get a little (erm, sometimes a lot) riled up:

“You’re being SPICY today” she says.

For the record? I LOVE THIS.

My favourite foods are spicy.

My favourite colours are spicy: red, orange, and yellow.

My hair? A spicy red (well, at the moment, anyway)

My favourite drink? Hot and dirty martinis. SPICY!

My temperament?

Well.

I was always kind of spicy. Passionate. Willing to speak up. And then for a while? Totes bland. The dry toast of personalities. Opinion? Why yes, I have one, but I’ll keep that to myself, thanks. Views? Oh no, not me. I’ll just listen to what you say. Oh, did you want to talk right over me or insult me? Very well. I’ll just pretend I don’t care.

While I fully believe that we all owe it to each other to be polite and respectful, I DON’T think that it does anyone any good to sit in silence.   To take what’s being doled out without questioning it. To be passive when action is required.

So sometimes, a girl has to get a little… spicy.

And if you can’t take the heat? Well, you know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment