Friday, February 24, 2012

Rash Decisions

Two posts about a rash seem … I don’t know. Weird.

But you get what you get.

So, yeah. I went to the doc and he was like, “Wow, that’s like the worst sunburn ever oh wait that’s not a sunburn!” and I was like “I know, right? It’s totally a rash,” and then HE was like “It IS a rash! What were you exposed to?” and I said, “LIFE” and he was like, “Oh my God, you’re completely allergic to LIFE.”

Or something kind of like that. In my head, that’s how it went.

It really went more like this: there was poking and prodding and examining of the skin on my face with a magnifying glass (and maybe I’ve been watching too much CSI lately, but it felt very crime scene-y) and finally, I was determined to be having an allergic reaction.

Unfortunately, no one knows the SOURCE of the reaction.  (I still think it could be life.  Oh, or I know! ONLINE DATING!)

So here’s what I’ve got. Lotions and potions and an antihistamine. The latter came with a caveat: “This SHOULDN’T make you drowsy.”

And it kind of doesn’t.

But it makes me … loopy. I mean, loopier than usual. I mean, I experience random moments of complete body disassociation, where it feels as though my head is now an object floating in space, totally unconnected to the rest of my person. Like right now, as I’m watching my fingers move across the keyboard like they are SO FASCINATING OMG but also? Like they’re not even MY fingers.

It’s weird. It’s interesting.

And the rash is going away. So apparently I won’t have to move into a plastic life repellent bubble.

Or not yet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment