Friday, August 10, 2012

All You Need Is Love


I’ve been trying to write this post for a couple of hours.

First, I wanted to say something about how people who are getting married often hope for the perfect day. Perfect, cloudless sky; perfect temperature (not too hot, not too cold); perfectly dry; perfectly beautiful perfect day. And then I was going to say something about how you hold all of the elements of a perfect day within you.  That it doesn’t matter what the weather is doing as long as you have joy and love in your heart – that would make ANY wedding day the perfect day, no matter what the weather is doing. Because a wedding isn’t about weather.  It’s about people, and love.

Then I was thinking about how much WORK weddings can be, and how they can be so exhausting and crazy that sometimes the happy couple is the stressed out couple and they forget to enjoy themselves, and how I wish that more people would remember that the big day is just that – ONE day. One day in a series of days that comprise a lifetime, and that the lifetime’s worth of days? That’s important. ONE day? A drop in the bucket. It doesn’t have to be perfect – nothing ever is – but because it’s about a couple, and their love? It’s bound to be fabulous in all of its imperfection.
Then, I wanted to say something about being proud to live in New Hampshire, where all people are allowed to get married. YAY! EVERYONE COME TO THE WEDDING PARTY, Y’ALL!

But I think that what I’ve been trying to say all along is that I want to offer best wishes and big, BIG hugs to my friends Stephanie and Jaime. Your wedding day is magical because you are, you crazy kids.

Love. It really is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment