Sunday, August 9, 2015

Saying Thank You

I've had some low moments in my life. People who don't know me well don't know this. Lately, I said something about wanting to be a motivational speaker to a new friend; she said, "Usually those people have been through a lot."

I've been through some things.

I've been assaulted while on the job. I lost my grandfather when I was supposed to be looking after him. I've been homeless and broke and afraid. I've been abused and alone and scared.

I've been through some things.

I could speak about them.

But the things that have impacted me most have been these:

When I was terrified and alone?  Someone offered me a place to stay.

When I had nothing? Someone started a GoFundMe campaign to make sure I would have options and possibilities and a visit from my mom.

There's no way, really, to express your thanks for that. But for the record?

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I will keep trying to give back the things I've been given.

We all need to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment