Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Out of Contexts

I'm sorry if you hate these posts, but a) they make me giggle and b) they are  perfect for Mondays, so I think they need to be a regular feature.

***

"You should empty the dishwasher." "Why? The dishes just moved in and they're so happy there."

***

"Could I get a large chai?" "The large is ... excessively large." "Then could I have an excessively large chai?"

***

"You don't need a neti pot. You need a mouthful of wasabi. Same effect, a little more pain, but without the sensation that you might drown."

***

"You bought RAMEN?" "The cheap food content in my blood was low. It was that or Taco Bell."

***

"If we're going to do to the full on breakdown of the emotional crisis, I'm going to need at least one pint of Ben & Jerry's."

***

"Let's review: Who's the boss of you?" "You are?" pause "Okay, yes, but who else?" "Um ... Me?"

***

"You keep using that word.  I do not think--" "If you quote Princess Bride right now I will hurt you. Dramatically."

***

"The people demand Diet Coke!" "They only have Pepsi." "The people. They are sorely disappointed."

***

"Halloween is better than Thankgiving. Because there are costumes. And festivities. And the likelihood that you might stab someone with a meat fork is lower."

No comments:

Post a Comment