Friday, July 13, 2012

Festive Friday


It’s Friday in the summertime, which is generally awesome as I’m a lucky soul and don’t have to work this weekend, but it’s also ridiculously hot, which I’m not enjoying. I have learned something about myself, which is this: I don’t LIKE to be hot. Granted, I don’t like to be cold, either, but when you’re cold, you can drink toasty beverages, curl up in warm, fuzzy sweaters and blankies, and get your toesies cozied up in thick socks. (I’m thinking “thick socks” might be one of the loveliest combinations of words I know, actually.) When you’re hot? Well, you can get naked if you’re in a place where nudity is appropriate, but you’re still gonna be hot. There’s not a lot you can do, even WITH air conditioning, fans, and frosty beverages.

I don’t like being hot, but I do like summer, with the outdoor parties and concerts and beachiness and general cavorting, because I have always been a girl who likes to put on a long dress and some flip flops and cavort like mad.  (I’m also a big fan of autumnal cavorting – crisp air! Pretty leaves! Romping about!)

So basically this post, dear reader, is to wish you a happy Friday, a lovely weekend, and much, MUCH festive cavorting. 

Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment