Monday, July 30, 2012

Where in the World Am I?

So you probably noticed I missed a couple of days worth of posts. (Or maybe you didn’t. Selfishly, I would LIKE to be missed when I’m not posting, but I know that the reality is not that you are waiting for these missives with baited breath, hanging on my every word and run on sentence.) If you did notice – well, I missed you too! If you didn’t … I love you anyway.

Here’s the deal: I am sick. I have ear infections in both ears, which is RIDICULOUS for a 36 year old, but there you have it. I don’t know how long I’ve had them, though, because my ears don’t hurt, which is usually how I know I have an ear infection. This time, I just thought I was tired and mildly dehydrated until I lost the ability to stand and or move my head without the whole room whooshing around like a roller coaster.

I love whooshing roller coasters.

I do not love whooshing rooms.

It was a problem.

So I went to the doc, who looked in my ears and said this:

“Dear God, doesn’t that HURT? These ears are a MESS.”

“They don’t hurt.”

“They should hurt,” he said, and made the squinchy face that always says to me, “Oh man, this is not good.”

Three different pill bottles and two trips to the pharmacy later, here I am. Not allowed to drive. Not able to stay awake. (Like mono! Only completely different!) And of course, staring down a week filled with 12 hour days. Because life is fun like that.

Which is all the long way of saying – there won’t be a post every day this week, either. But next week I should be completely better and life will soon return to what passes for normal in this casa. And I will tell you about the best three words in English, the roofer guys, the new transgressions of the storm troopers, Hopkins the frog, and the pros and cons of living near the woods (AKA the night my house did NOT smell like cupcakes).

Until then,

(A dizzier than usual) Danielle

2 comments:

  1. Ugh Danielle! Sorry to hear you are so sick. I do miss your posts, and am always happy to see them pop up on FB. Sending healthy thoughts and looking forward to next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take good care of yourself, Danielle. That is what matters most.

    ReplyDelete