Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tired


Oh hey, guess who totally lost it today and couldn’t find it long enough to post?

This kid.

I would like my reasons to be glamorous and exciting, but they’re not. They’re all “cold medicine, busy getting reamed out at work, trying to do fourteen things at once” reasons. I feel like today – the last week, the last month – has been like the worst snow cone you ever had in your life: all snow, no flavor. Just a cone full of cold that is melting and dripping onto your hand, giving you a small patch of hypothermia, except of course that it’s a metaphorical cone and it’s dripping into my sad little excuse for a heart.

Ah, imagery.

You don’t really want to hear about it and I don’t really want to talk about it and also? I just sneezed fourteen times in a row, which is worth noting in the “I feel YUCKY, where’s my blankey” column of stuff that’s making me feel cranky.

“I’ve been in a weird headspace,” I said recently to a friend. “I know,” she said. “You’ve been… quiet.”

Now that headspace is wrapped in headcold. Which isn’t the worst thing in the world, but doesn’t make one dance about the room in a chipper fashion.

And dancing is usually one of my favourite things.

Perhaps tomorrow will allow for some dancing. Or, you know, perhaps not. I’ll have to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment