Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Randoms -- Ask and You Shall Be Answered

1. Do you like bleu cheese?

I don't know why, but this comes up a lot. And the answer is YES. I know it smells a bit like old socks. I know it looks like something you should probably avoid eating. But here's the truth: if you dipped my 19 year old Birkenstocks in bleu cheese dressing I would consider eating them. SO DELICIOUS.

2. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?

No. Well, sort of no. The regular doctor? Fine, whatever. The DENTIST? Um. Yeah. Someone recently asked me what I am afraid of? And I forgot to say the dentist, but dental visits are horrifying and scary. Especially if you don't have dental insurance because do you know how much that shit costs? FOR REAL.

3. Do you like hot-dogs?

Not really. Two exceptions:one is Flo's Hot Dogs. The other involves bleu cheese because I'll eat ANYTHING if there's bleu cheese involved. I mentioned that, right?

4. Favorite Christmas Song?

I have two. They're both pretty depressing, now that I think about it, but oh well (one is CHEERFULLY depressing. The other is just beautifully depressing.)

Sarah McLachlan Wintersong

Do They Know It's Christmas

5. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?

As much coffee as I can possibly consume. Or Diet Coke. Or a Bloody Mary if it's the weekend (but only after coffee).

6. Can you do push-ups?

Yes, but who cares?

7. What’s your favorite meal?

You know, I don't know. Not bleu-cheese dunked Birks. Oh wait, yes I do: my mom's homemade mac and cheese accompanied by ... beets. Why is this delicious? I HAVE NO IDEA. Oh, now I want it.

8. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?

I have two rings that I never take off, though they occasionally migrate to different fingers. Why do I love them so? They both have moving parts, which makes them fun to fidget with when I'm nervous, bored, or nervously bored.

9. Favorite hobby?

a) reading
b) dancing around the office like a rock star, often singing into a highlighter as though it is a microphone. Which leads me to hobby C
c) being a dork

10. Name a trait that you hate about yourself?

I am self conscious all of the time, which emphasizes the awkward, at least in my head. SO AWKWARD.

11. Current worry right now?

Is this post going to suck? OHMYGOD, it's going to SUCK. And it's getting too late to bail on it. I'm SO SORRY. It's been a long week and there weren't a lot of funny things that happened.

12. Current hate right now?

I hate that someone who I love dearly is incredibly unhappy. I also hate that this post is going to irritate people.

13. Favorite place to be?

The beach. I love being on the beach. I NEVER EVER love being IN the water though. Is that weird? (There are large bitey critters in there. No thanks.)

14. Favorite place to go?

Home. Though to be honest, I'm not quite sure where that is anymore. I know that's weird. I never claimed not to be weird.

15. What is your most recurring dream?

For as far back as I can remember -- even before I could drive -- I would dream that I was driving off of a bridge and into the water. As you can imagine, this is not a cozy dream. As a result, I hate bridges, though I am thankful for their "hey, let me help you over this body of water" functionality. (Hahaha, now I'm imagining talking bridges. Like Transformers, only with engineering and architecture. Which would be BETTER than Transformers... can you imagine if, say, the Empire State Building suddenly started walking around? That would be COOL.)

16. What color shirt are you wearing?

Purple.

17.  Do you love where you live?

Yes oh yes I do. I love my apartment. I love my town (city? Don't know). Love my state, love my region, love love love it.

18. How many TV’s are in your house?
One, but I kind of wish there were 0. I'm not a big "wheeee, let's watch tv" person.

19. What is your worst habit?

I am a second-guesser. This is a problem. Or IS it? Argh who can tell?!

20. What is your favorite book?

Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen for the WIIIIINNNNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment