Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Randoms


“I can’t find the thing.”

“What thing?”

“The THING. The red thing that goes on the table over there when it’s not wearing the thing it’s wearing now.”

“Oh yeah, that thing.”

“I can’t find it.”

“Where did you put it?”

“If I knew where I put it I’d be able to find it.”

“What is the NAME of that thing?”

“I don’t know. It’s … a table thing. I wish I knew where it was. I put it someplace sensible so I’d be able to find it.”

“That NEVER works out.”

“I know.”

“Where did you look?”

“Closets, bins, under some stuff.”

“Under the couch?”

“Yeah.”

“Under the bed?”

“Yeah.”

“Under the dresser?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you sure you owned a red thing?”

“YES.”

“I mean, I remember you admiring the red thing in the store? But I don’t remember you BUYING the red thing.”

“You weren’t there when I bought it.”

“Huh.”

“I guess it’s not a big deal. It just bugs me when I can’t find a thing.”

“I know.”

“The thing that’s there now is fine, I guess.”

“It’s a good looking thing.”

“I can get another red one, the store still has them.”

“And then you’ll have two. “

“So when I lose the second one, I’ll be twice as likely to find it.”

“Your glass. It’s half full.”

No comments:

Post a Comment