Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Chilling It Down

I saw a post on Facebook that said: Is your refrigerator running? Because if it is ... I will vote for it.

Seriously, y'all.

You know what makes a refrigerator an attractive candidate right now? Two things:

1) It DOES ITS JOB.

2) It's super chill.

You know what our political system is NOT right now?

Chill.

Let's determine what I mean by chill, because I think that's important. I don't mean it as passive or not passionate. I think you want political figures who have strong beliefs. I think strong beliefs are important even if I don't share those beliefs.

When I say "Chill" I mean: CIVIL. Human. Kind. Able to engage in polite discourse. Not shouty. Not rude. Willing to recognize differing opinions, religions, beliefs, etc as valid even if they are not the ones you share.

This election cycle needs to CHILL OUT.

Or I'm going to end up voting for an appliance, and no one wants that.

No comments:

Post a Comment