Tuesday, March 8, 2011

N is for Now is the Discontent with Winter

I'm so done with winter.

I try to be positive and not to wish away my days, but seriously? How did I manage to forget that in New Hampshire, winter is 8937432874 months long? And cold? And snowy?

I know that I have perks that others don't have that make winter a bit more tolerable, including the fact that I don't have to drive to work. I know that I do appreciate the beauty of the winter -- the sudden flash of a cardinal on a snowy tree? Awesome -- and that winter is necessary in the grand scheme of things.

I've been cool about it. I've not complained. I mean, I CHOSE to move back up here. This is allll me. No one made me trade North Carolina for New Hampshire (and, for the record? Best trade ever!) -- I just, you know, kind of forgot about the fact that winter is very ... lingering. (Or I blocked it from my memory in what surely was an act of self defense because dear LORD I would like a little warmth outside. Maybe some flowers. Leaves on the trees? Please?)

I know that spring will come.

Eventually.

Won't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment