And on the first day of the workweek, Danielle went on a seemingly nonsensical ramble in the form of a list. (Because that's how I roll, y'all).
1. For the second Sunday in a row, I was unable to post. Annoying. I didn't forget, I just couldn't get the post to be all "Hellllllo internets! Here I am!" so -- it looked like I was just blowing it off. Rest assured -- I would not do such a thing, even with the sort of "phone it in, not a lot of thought involved" weekend posts.
2. Last night I was half asleep when I suddenly remembered that my book group is meeting next Sunday. Which is awesome, except that I still haven't read the book. Actually, I don't even have a copy of it in my hot little hands. I was thinking, no big, I'll order it and have Amazon overnight it to me (oh Amazon, how I heart you and your nearly instantaneous next day delivery) and THEN I thought: I keep wanting to order a Kindle, and I'm going on vacation next week and beach weather is coming up and oh hell with it, I'm just going to order one and then when I get it I'll download the book and then -- PRESTO! -- book will be read by book group time and I won't have a carry-on full of books on the plane tra laaa, tra laaa.
I'm not sure about the Kindle because I reallllllllly love books. A lot. I like holding them. I like turning the pages. I like the way they smell. But I also like having a carry on that doesn't weigh a bajillion pounds because it's stuffed full of reading material. So -- we shall see.
3. It's been about three years since I lived through a New England spring, but it seems like it's supposed to be a little, um, WARMER right about now? March has the windy-ness ALL down. But 26 degrees? Going into April? REALLY? Did I incorrectly remember how this spring thing works?
4. There's something really outstanding to be said for fitting into a dress that I haven't worn since 2004. Why do I still HAVE a dress that I wore in 2004 if it hasn't fit me since then, you ask? To be honest? I have no idea. But I do still have it. And now it fits. So -- yay. Sixteen and a half pounds down... um, more to go. (You didn't think I was going to SAY how many pounds I have left, did you? That's crazy talk.)
5. I am going on vacation next week. I leave a week from Friday. I am already packed. Overeager much? Perhaps, but will I be doing the last minute laundry scramble? Oh no, I will not. (I HATE that). I cannot wait to be on vacation. (And yes, I WILL be blogging from there -- be prepared for postings from sunny NC. And cross your fingers that it will indeed be sunny, or I will be one sad sad chiquita).
And with that, I'm going to make a cup of tea, because it's COLD in here, kids!