Friday, March 11, 2011

Q is for Quittin' my Bitchin'

Wasn't it just a few days ago that I was complaining about the winter and the weather? I think it was.

Shame on me.

My cousin lives with his wife and their baby (who I refer to as my nephew, and who they are teaching to say "Auntie Yellie) in Japan. They live in Nagoya, which was not decimated by the earthquake, and they are far enough inland that they were -- fortunately -- not flooded out by the tsunami.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking of what could have been, but in this case I do. I love Jay, his wife Manami, and I especially love their little guy. He's the snuggliest, happiest little man I have ever had the pleasure of singing to sleep. (Also -- and I know that opinions on this differ wildly -- he may be the cutest baby on the face of the earth.)

They're fine.


Many, many families are not fine.

That's the last time I complain about a little snow.

(The Red Cross is preparing for disaster relief for Japan and other impacted areas. If you would like to help, you can go here: http://newsroom.redcross.org/)

If you need a reason to donate, here's this little face:



No comments:

Post a Comment