Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Two AM Musings

Lately, I've been waking up at about 2 AM. I find myself just staring at the ceiling, listening to the humming of the air conditioner, and thinking about -- well, you'll see. Here's another insomnia narrative for your reading enjoyment.

"Why is Jack a nickname for John? They have the same amount of letters. It's not easier to say. It's not shorter to write. That makes no sense and annoys me. It also makes me wonder if the reverse is true: Is John then a nickname for Jack? ...Is it weird that I don't know anyone named Jack? You know what? I don't think I know anyone named John either. Or wait, yes I do... I know three people named John. But none of them are Jacks. Two of them are just John, and one is Johnny. Heehee, "just John" made me think of "Will & Grace" ... "Just JACK!" I enjoyed that show. Sean Hayes is FUNNY. (and sadly, not related to me. At least I don't think he is. It would be cool if he WAS.) ... I heard that a local school just voted a gay couple as prom kings ( I think Jack on W&G would have wanted to be called Prom Queen, though...) which I thought was lovely. Of course, people were freaking out. Because there's nothing else relevant to freak out about right now, right? Like, what? The entire state of the freaking world? Whatevs. Clearly the students there are a little more ... what's the word? Progressive? Liberal? In touch with the "let's focus on the right part of the story?" I don't know how to describe that, I guess. I should blog about that. ... The "political" blogs are interesting to write. People love them AND hate them. The emails I get are like being pelted with rocks and then getting a very lovely spa treatment. They're equally divided between "I HATE YOU" and "YOU ARE AWESOME" which is weird, but nice. I'm interested in the "I hate you" bits though. Why read it if you're fairly certain you don't enjoy my viewpoints at all? Maybe some people like having things in their day to make them angry? I already have enough in my day that riles me up, so I can't imagine adding to it on purpose. Perhaps some people just enjoy feeling enraged.  That would actually explain a lot, although to be honest, it makes me pretty sad. Why CAN'T we all just get along? Why do some people think that being right is so much more important than being human? Frustrating, and probably not solvable at 2 AM. I do enjoy writing the blog ... Oh dammit. I forgot to blog TODAY. Or, well, yesterday. Because now it's tomorrow. It's Tuesday, at any rate, and I usually blog on Mondays and I was so caught up in what I was doing that I failed to blog on Monday, which was unfortunate because I had that whole Memorial Day thing I wanted to talk about and now it won't be relevant until next year, I guess. Oh well. The bonus to that is that I have a post planned for next year? I suppose? Ah, positive thinking. You know what else I'm positive about? I'm POSITIVE I should be sleeping right now. Siiiiiiigh."

No comments:

Post a Comment