Concert was last night. It was -- revelatory.
Here's what I have learned...
Things I am Too Old For:
1. Being involved with crowd surfing in any way, shape, or form.
2. Getting into a brawl with a drunken concert goer.
3. Dancing and jumping and screaming nonstop for two hours straight.
4. Staying up until past 1 AM on a worknight.
Things I am Just The Right Age For
1. Realizing that the line to get in isn't going anywhere, so I might as well go have a nice dinner and a glass of wine near the venue.
2. Making friends with all of the people with whom I will be squished into the crowd with, as though we are a many headed dancing being.
3. The realization that I can outsmart a drunken concert goer with simple logic.
4. Being able to see a member of my favorite band on the street (oh Shannon Leto. I heart you) and not making a TOTAL ass of myself. (Maybe a little ass of myself, but only one person saw.)
5. Appreciating what a good sport my best friend is for accompanying me on my concert-y adventure.
Best. Time. Ever. Even if I AM exhausted and more than a little bruised.