Thursday, November 17, 2011

Put On Your Red Shoes and Dance the Blues

I am wearing heels.
Red, patent leather, shiny, spike heels. The kind that are terrible for my feet, but make my legs look AWESOME.

Where am I wearing these heels? In my office. Where there's no one to appreciate them but the cat, and to be honest, she doesn't seem all that impressed.

So why am I wearing these heels? And why am I wearing them with a smartly tailored dress and a suit jacket when I have nowhere to go today, not even the grocery store?

I've been in a funk.  Sometimes, the best way to change your mood is to change your surroundings. Sometimes, that means cleaning out a space and removing clutter.  Sometimes, that means relocating.
And sometimes, it just means changing into something that makes you feel special, sassy, and powerful. Like lipstick red heels. And eyeliner.  Because while I don't mind being funky,being down and in the funk is not my preferred location.

As such, while I may not always feel like I know what I'm doing? Today, I LOOK like I know what I'm doing... and that is enough.

That, and David Bowie on heavy rotation, instructing me to dance in my fabulous red shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds to me that you have a good head on your shoulders! And your need for inconsistency is probably greater then most,,,,which my dear is a wonderful thing! Most people remain in a rut for years, not knowing how or what to do with there emotions! Seems to me you have it all figured out! Keep being exuberant, it shapes who you are and who you want to be.......Isn't it wonderful being you!...............(A)

    ReplyDelete