Monday, November 14, 2011

Vampire Stormtroopers

The people who live above me are nocturnal. I might suggest that they are vampires, except that, from what I understand, vampires are graceful and light on their feet.

The people upstairs are many things.

But they are not light on their feet.

They are stormtroopers. Loudly stomping, vampire stormtroopers.

Apartment living is interesting, isn't it? Because I don't know the people upstairs; I couldn't pick them out of a crowd, but I could tell you QUITE a bit about them. I could tell you that the original boyfriend who moved in with the female stormtrooper was a cheating louse and that he was kicked out after a particularly nasty argument. I could tell you that since then, the female stormtrooper auditioned several replacement boyfriends before settling on the one who currently spends evenings tromping about above my head. (This one also seems smarter than the previous one, and doesn't go out on the balcony  to have "private" conversations.) I could tell you that she likes to vacuum the floors at about 4 in the afternoon (which is when, I suspect, she awakens to start her day.)

I can also tell you that the vampire stormtroopers have a big cat. I've actually seen the cat hanging out on their windowsills, and let me tell you, it's a good thing, because otherwise, the thundering and random running/scrabbling noises that occasionally come down through the ceiling would be QUITE alarming. The stormtrooper cat is NOT a vampire (it's an all hours kitty) and  it is ALSO a zoomer -- one of those cats who will be sound asleep, and then suddenly leap up and tear around an apartment/house/whatever at top speed, before simply collapsing somewhere else.

The cat is also not light on its paws.

I often catch my cat staring at the ceiling in amazement. On especially stomp-y and zoom-y evenings, she'll get on top of the fridge, stand with her front paws braced against the wall, and stare at the ceiling. Occasionally, she'll meow at the stormtroopers and try to paw at the ceiling.

It makes me wonder what the people who live below me think -- am I a stormtrooper?

At least they know I'm not a vampire.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaggghhhh! Appartment living,,I loath it! I haven't had the luxury of living in one in a while, which I must say is good! I have to say I don't have a lot of fond memories living in one. My biggest problem is sharing an intimate space with other people. I find myself very annoyed with their inconsiderations! My last appartment I blessed with a couple who couldn't have sex with out screaming "Oh my god,Oh my god,Oh my god!" at the top of there lungs. And this could have been day or night, right above my dinning room! Yeah! Oh and then theres the mysterious dent in my car that no one would own up too,,,,,the list goes on and on,,,needless to say appartment living is not for me anymore,(if I can help it). Granted I understand we all need to make sacrifice's in life but I think I'd much rather live in my vehicle first........LOL!...good luck with your neighbors......(A)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind apartment living (mostly because it means I don't have to FIX things!) ... but it does have its drawbacks, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete