Monday, November 28, 2011

Having Myself A Merry Little Christmas

Yeah, I know that we just pushed through Thanksgiving, and that some of us are already beyond tired of hearing "Rocking Around The Christmas Tree" on the radio.

Not this kid.

Last year, I was not a happy Christmas elf.

But THIS year?

Hohoho.

I bought a tree, y'all, and I put it up and decorated it. Presents are purchased and hanging out. Wrapping paper is colour coordinated, festive, and ready to make the gifts all pretty and stuff when I have my wrapping-fest (which has to be carefully planned because of the cat, who likes to, um "help" which mostly consists of eating bows and pouncing on whatever I'm trying to wrap and laying on the paper and making it mashed and wrinkled).

I put out the rest of my decorations, too -- and realized that I don't have very many. I feel MUCH more festive than the number of decorations I have would indicate. I may need to invest in some more Christmas pretties.

What's different? Nothing, really ... same me, same house, same season. But at the same time, I think everything is different, because I am allowing myself to be wrapped in a blanket of happy.

The thing I love about Christmas -- the thing I always loved about this season -- is that it seems like it's the time of year when people allow themselves to be mirrors for love, where we all kind of wear our love for each other -- our families, our friends, people in general -- outside, on our faces, so we can share it. The more we do? The more it grows.

Last year, I missed it. There are a jillion reasons why, but probably the greatest one is this: I had forgotten that you carry your love with you. How foolish, I know, to let proximity dictate how much love you carry, but so it was and because it was, I also forgot to live in the love I have for the people I AM with, who I adore.

What can I say? I was a little bit of a Grinch.

This year? I know that the love I have for everyone, both near and far, is making me overly filled with Christmas cheer. It's a little over the top, I know, but also? It's kind of awesome.

You know what else? I love all of y'all.  So I hope that this holiday season, from the very beginning to the end, fills you with joy as well.

3 comments:

  1. I can kind of relate to your "Grinchyness" last year! I too had the the same issue and now it seems what I had last year other people around me have this year? Weird! I apparently am not in sync with those around me. I guess it's for the best. They tried very hard to share the joy of the holidays with me and I wouldn't have it, so I guess it's my turn to try with them! Boy what makes the world go round!
    I deffinately agree with carrying your love around with you. I enjoy sharing how I feel with other people espicially when I am happy and excited! I believe that the most infectious thing in the world is a smile. It brightens my day everytime I see one,,,so why not spread the wealth.....................
    I'm glad to see that you are in a festive mood, we need more people like you in the world. Despite everything going on in the world today it's hard to be festive....so good for you! And thank you for spreading it to me...I'll pay it forward and keep the chain going as long as I can........Thank sooo much....you are an inspiration!..........(A)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paying it forward is one of my favorite things. (Although raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens are also quite lovely...)

    It is you who inspires me. So thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You most certainly welcome.........

    Enjoy all that the Holidays have to offer!


    .................(A)

    ReplyDelete