Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Finding My Happy


It’s shaping up to be one of those weeks – some plans that I was looking forward to had to be canceled, the internet is being hinky, I’m under the weather (well, sorta … I feel okay except for the exhaustion that requires a daily mid-day nap, which can’t be right) – and it would be easy to throw in my happy towel.

Except that I don’t WANT to.

Sometimes, I have to remind myself that no, really, life in general doesn’t completely suck. It helps me if I make a list.

Here’s today’s list. And here’s to whatever makes you smile.

15 Things that make me ridiculously happy:

1.       The way the air smells after it rains in the summertime. I love this.

2.       Daffodils.

3.       Beach sand underneath my toesies.

4.       Melty gooey pizza cheese, despite the fact that I constantly burn my mouth.

5.       The first 45 minutes of any roadtrip.

6.       Sequins

7.       All things potato.

8.       Popsicles.

9.       The colour orange.

10.   My car.

11.   The sound of the wind in the trees.

12.   Moments of uncontrollable hilarity.

13.   Bubble bath

14.   Black mascara

15.   The first sip of coffee of the day.

1 comment:

  1. This made me happy today, so I'll share it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwe-pA6TaZk
    Kelly:))

    ReplyDelete