Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Practicing Random Acts of Kindness




(if the above video doesn't open, you can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auNSrt-QOhw)

This is glorious.

GLORIOUS.

Yesterday, someone made a comment to me that really bothered me. It bothered me because it was unintentionally hurtful, and it also made me realize how many times I have thoughlessly opened my mouth for snark (I speak snark fluently, y'all) and probably said something that was mean or judge-y.

I appreciate my own sense of humour, and I know that sarcasm has a place in the world, but I also know this: it takes very little effort to be kind. The whole "thinking before you speak" portion of one's brain requires almost no effort. It does, however, take some practice.

So does behaving in ways that are benefical to others. No time, really. Just practice.

I can practice this.

No comments:

Post a Comment