Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Randoms

I

"So, the thing is, I need to make an appointment to bring my cat in? She needs some shots and an exam. Her name is Rhiannon."

"Okay, let me pull her up in our system."

"She weighs about 14 pounds, she's declawed, and... um... she's a little cranky when she's at the vet."

"Oh, I know."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Her file is marked 'Handle With Caution'."

"Great. I have the problem child."

II

The problem with writing a blog is that people either want to appear in it or they REALLLLLLY don't want to or they'd normally be okay with it but sometimes, something happens and they are horrified that it will somehow end up in here for all of the interwebs to see.

So for those of you -- and you know who you are -- who were afraid I'd write about that thing that happened? I DO have a filter, albeit a tiny and somewhat damaged one. You can relax now. I promise.

III

"I was flipping through the channels and I heard Morgan Freeman's voice. So I stopped and it was a political ad."

"So basically, it was like God telling you who to vote for?"

"Yep. And you know, I'm not arguing with that guy."

IV

We pause in the middle of Friday Randoms to remind you that you need to go vote next Tuesday, November 6th. Otherwise I will be sad. And you don't want that, right?

V

"Ooooh! Is that your new coffee pot?"

"No, that's the old one."

"Um. I thought that was broken."

"It is."

"Then why --"

"I can't live in a house that doesn't have a coffee pot on the counter. I just CAN'T. So I have to keep that until the new one comes."

"So your brain thinks that there is the possibility of coffee, even though there isn't?"

"Yes. Wow. You've broken my code."

"And I am now frightened for us all."

No comments:

Post a Comment