Thursday, August 29, 2013

Friday Randoms

I

"I heard Journey on the radio and of course it made me think of him. It made me smile."

"Good for you! That's progress!"

"... And then I wanted to punch him in the junk."

"Oh. Um. Well, baby steps are still steps."

"I did smile first! That counts for something!"

II

"The thing I realized is that life is made up of beauty and shit. So you can either mold your shit into a throne and live from there, bitter and angry and negative, proclaiming yourself the Queen of Shit, or you can focus on what's beautiful while still acknowledging that sometimes, yes, you'll step in shit but mostly? You focus on what's positive and awesome."

"That's never gonna go on a Hallmark card."

III

"How's your day going?"

"First thing that happened today: woke up. Alarm went off. And it was playing Livin on a Prayer."

"You. Are going to have. The best day. EVER."

"That's what I thought."

IV

"People who wrote code get emotionally involved with it. It becomes like their child. Telling them it doesn't work is like walking up to someone with a newborn and saying, 'Wow, your baby sure is ugly' -- it just doesn't go over well, you know?"

V

"So then she says to me, 'Well we'll wait and maybe sometime down the road you'll change your mind.' "

"You won't."

"I know."

"So you could have said, 'I am looking into the future and remarkably, just like now, I am saying NO.'"

"Hahaha let me consult my magic 8 ball..."

"... It says SCREW OFF!"

Happy Birthday, Flinkie! Hope it's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment