Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Meh


Some days are just trouble. Stare at the keyboard, stare at my fingernails, stare at the screen, stare into space.

Trouble.

And I think, well, so, I can’t think of anything. That’s okay. Something will come. And then it doesn’t and the staring game resumes.

Except this time, it’s accompanied by humming. Which, to be honest, is super annoying. When was the last time you heard someone humming and thought, Wow, humming is awesome. It’s underrated as a musical art form. More people should hum. There should be entire symphonies of humming!

You’ve never thought that. No one has ever thought that, because humming is WEIRD. And annoying. Not as annoying as whistling, which is what I start doing next.  (it’s always the Indiana Jones theme song, too. Why?  NO ONE KNOWS.)

But now I’m whistling and staring.
It’s not a good day, all around. Good things happen in every day – I believe that? – but some days just suck out loud.
It will get better. Everything gets better.
In the meantime, I’m going to whistle the Indiana Jones theme.

And maybe stare off into space a little.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment