Monday, April 25, 2016

This Probably Shouldn't Bother Me, But ...

So as you likely know, Prince died last week. I feel like my childhood is slowly disappearing and want to lock some of favorite musical folk in a bubble to protect them. (Belinda Carlisle, you be careful out there!)

It's sad. And it's shitty.

Having said that, here's a thing that makes me sadder: I saw a meme on FB that had a picture of the Kardashians and said that 2016 should stop taking fabulous artists and we'll offer up the Kardashians as an appropriate sacrifice.

Don't misunderstand: I'm not a fan. I don't understand the whole Kardashian thing. But what I do know is that it's terrible to suggest that someone is not valuable and should just die. I think that's a terrible response to something that's already terrible.

It bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment