Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

So I was all set to write a post about what I had for lunch (which probably doesn't sound like a great post, but it seemed funny in my head) when I realized that I've been blogging for just over a year.

I know, crazy.

To be honest, when I started, I was pretty sure that I would have two or three readers, and that one of them was going to be my mom... and I didn't know who the other two might be, but it was likely that my best friend might read it now and again. Probably. Actually, that's who I thought would read it: my mother and my best friend. The idea of three people seemed pretty far fetched.

And now?  I have, like, followers. (And there are more of you who follow via facebook, but who aren't listed as followers here. Which is lovely and totally amazing.)

I feel like I should be doing something for you follower types to thank you for wanting to read my rambles, and for forgiving me for frequently starting sentences with "and" and "so" (I KNOW that's not correct, but I can't seem to stop myself. It's a problem).

So (and there it is again!) here's what I will do: if you are a follower of the blog -- you're all set. If you are NOT listed as a follower of this here blog ON the blog -- sign on as a follower on blogger. You have ONE WEEK in which to do this. Next Friday (that would be the 15th of July) I will draw the name of one of the followers and ... send him or her an anniversary gift. From my blog to you. Because I love y'all for giving me a reason to do this every day.

So. If you're not formally following, sign on as a follower. And then think about what kind of cool gift you could be receiving from me, and my blog. With love.

2 comments: