Friday, July 1, 2011

That's What Friends Are For

I know that I'm blessed in my friends. Really blessed.

Monday is my friend Shilo's birthday.

This is for her.

When I walked into preschool, I couldn't have guessed that you would still be my friend 31 years later. That you would still be around to make me laugh, to cry with if I needed to cry, and to make me think. That you would still be in my life to teach me how to be a better person, one who is fair and kind and optimistic when I want to be cranky and sarcastic and viewing my glass as half empty.

That you would be still be around to cheer me on when I want to quit. That you would continue to believe in me when I don't believe in myself.

On your birthday, I can't imagine what I could give to you that is half of what you've given me.

Happy birthday to one of the most fabulous people on this earth and my favorite fellow Geek.


Much, much love to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment