Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Insane in the Brain!

I think it’s official.

I’m crazy.

This is probably only news to me, but in case you’re thinking “Well now, I don’t know about that” let me tell you what caused me to draw this particular conclusion.

1)      I was writing a blog entry that contained the following: “And it occurred to me that I should do some research, lest I give these people my hard earned cash only to discover that, while curing diseases and saving the world, they ALSO sponsored a team that bowls with kittens, which is not a sport I support in any way.” Um. Yeaaaah.

2)      I just sent an email that contained this: [people I know seem]  to have joined a conspiracy to make me super stabby, but that could be the PMS talking. I mean, it's POSSIBLE that it's the PMS and not an actual conspiracy, but they do seem sort of plotty, you know? (I think I just invented that word. "Plotty" -- how people might seem while in the act of plotting. ‘Dude, you seen Ben Arnold?’ ‘No, but watch out for that guy. He's been wicked plotty.’)”

3)      I just announced in both an email and then in my blog, by virtue of reprinting said email, that I have PMS. SMAAAHHHT.

4)      I have come to realize that while my friends all seem to be getting older – Responsible! Parents! Partners! Homeowners! – and look like grownups, I am kind of regressing. How so? Not only am I not completely responsible in some ways, but I ALSO look like a college student and not just in that “Wow, you’re well preserved for your age” way but also in the “You’ve got wacky hair, a ring in your nose, and you’re wearing a transformers t-shirt” way. I’m okay with it, but the  implications are of crazy, no?

5)      Earlier this week (Erhm, like, an hour ago? WHATEVER IT’S EARLIER) I may … possibly … have been making my cat dance with me to “I’ve Had the Time of My Life”. (What? It was on the radio!) while telling her emphatically that “NO ONE puts Beansie in the corner!” and then, yes, doing the lift. I may have been giggling madly. Beansie may have just looked … resigned. But it happened.

So, am I crazy? Or just in need of a tropical vacation?

Or both. Probably both.

No comments:

Post a Comment