Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Happy Blogiversary!

Well hello there.

It's been six years since I started blogging here. Six. Years. That's a lot of blog posts. How many, you ask? According to Blogger, it's 946 posts. And -- wait for it -- 64,975 views.

Holy. Moly.

A lot of things have changed since that first post. I did indeed move back to New Hampshire, obviously (and have bounced about a bit since then). I lost my BeansieBoo but adopted Lizzie B. Sadly, the Flinkster and I no longer talk. I have changed jobs a few times. I bought a car.

Oh, and I reconnected with The Fella, aka the love of my life. So that's a thing.

Have I learned anything in six years? Well, YES, actually! I'm so glad the you asked!

1. Family comes in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and denominations. Love your family.

2. If you are feeling something, put it out there. Odds are pretty high that there's someone out there who will identify, and who needs to hear that they are not alone.

3. The more we talk about mental health, the less shame there will be in mental illness.

4. The most powerful thing that you can do is reach out to someone.

5. Sometimes words will open doors and sometimes they will close them. Choose carefully, and know you are responsible for what you say. (You absolutely have the freedom to say whatever you want. And you absolutely will be held accountable for those words.)

6. Some people don't like being mentioned in a blog post. Some people REALLY want to be mentioned. It's very weird.

7. Being "that girl with the blog" is sometimes unnerving, but it's still pretty freaking cool.

8. Even when your mom disagrees with your political views, she will think your writing is brilliant. (This might just be true for me.)

9. Virtual community is a powerful, powerful tool. Yay social media!

10. It can be really challenging to come up with lists of ten things.

Stay tuned to see what happens in the next six years, and thanks for putting up with me for all this time.

All kinds of virtual hugs,

Yellie

No comments:

Post a Comment