Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Better Living Through Chemistry

This post is brought to you by a benedryl fog, which is enabling me to breathe, but which is sort of making actual coherent thought kind of challenging.

Which is to say, I've started this post nine times and keep changing my mind, or deleting, or deciding that what I'm trying to say is not what I want to say at all and might drag some poor unsuspecting souls into -- well, it's hardly limelight over here, but might make their lives a little more open then they're necessarily comfortable with and that, frankly, doesn't seem like a nice thing to do, now does it?

(The previous sentence? TOTALLY fueled by allergy meds. Hey, I warned you.)

So lately, I've been thinking about my life, which is probably a normal thing to do around one's birthday, and I have come to realize that I wasn't always the, um, best person. I mean,I don't think that I'm the source of all evil, but still? Not the kindest person I could have been, or the most open and trusting, or -- and this is the one that's really sticking in my craw-- the most honest

Not always the thing you want to know about yourself, I think.

It's bothering me today. (It might bother me less if I wasn't doped up with Over-The-Counters, but this is what I've got.) Again, I'm not trying to say that I think I've lived a life where I trampled willy-nilly over other people's feelings, but I do think that I could have been more sensitive to them, or more honest about my response to them.

So yeah. I guess that if I have a resolution for this year? That's it.

And I so hope this post makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. Thats the problem with the world today,,everyone is just too sensitive or maybe it's just always been this way and I had never noticed! For what ever the reason you should never beat around the bush (so too speak) when expressing your thoughts or emotions! If people don't want to hear it, then they have a choice,,,,ignore it or don't read it at all! But most of all don't cry about it...sometimes the truth hurts and thats what bothers people the most. It's all a matter of insecurities! If you could just except who you are and your faults then the truth wouldn't hurt and no-one would even be bothered by what was being said.....so grow-up world!!!!! Danielle just keep doing what your doing...it doesn't bother me!!!.............(A)

    ReplyDelete