Friday, January 13, 2012

Fat Blogger

I'm afraid that y'all are going to have to put up with a post or two or a hundred about dieting this year. Here's why: as if I wasn't kicking my own (oversized) ass, today my doctor also kind of let me have it.

Which, in case you were wondering? Stung a little. Because let's face it, I used to weigh waaaay more than I do now, and I never once got The Lecture.

I HATE The Lecture.

What I hate the most about The Lecture is the knowledge that I brought it upon myself. Fat is not an illness that comes upon one unawares. It's a direct result of too many cupcakes and not enough activity. (Having said that: I am aware that there are medical conditions that cause one to gain and/or retain weight. My thyroid is bring tested even as I type. This, however, does not negate my responsibility for my weight. I don't think.)

So, yeah. Annoyed. Mostly with me.

Today was the LAST time I will EVER hear The Lecture. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment