Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Randoms


1.       People keep asking me what I want in life, but in a judgey way, as if to say what I have right now CLEARLY doesn’t work (when sometimes it kind of does) so I’ve gotten used to answering the question from one pointedly pissy perspective.

 

But then someone asked me the same question last weekend, from a place that wasn’t judgemental, but genuinely interested  – “What do you want?” -- and I think I fumbled it. What I should have said was this: I want to be happy, and I FINALLY get that the stuff that has been so stupidly consuming and seems so important isn’t, not really, not when it comes down to it; I also want my friends to be happy. Oh, and I’d like to spend more time with my kind inquisitor, who didn’t seem to mind when I answered the question in a way that was NOT AT ALL how it was meant, I don’t think.  Anyway.

 

2.       “I call them the Stormtroopers.”

 

“You could just as easily call them ‘The Big Smelly Dumb Boys Who Live Upstairs’ – it’s longer, but MUCH more descriptive.”

 

“I didn’t KNOW that they are smelly.”

 

“Well, now you do.”

 

3.       I don’t often wish for a significant other –we’ve covered this ground, no? --  “Oh, heavens, why am I aloooonnneeee” – but there are moments when I have to acknowledge that a partner-type (or heck, even a roommate) would be SUPER handy. Such as when one has a sinus infection and is a bit wobbly, and yet has to stand on a chair to change a lightbulb. Or in the instance of large spiders which require some kind of eradication.  I’m self-sufficient, but sometimes a girl could use a hand, you know what I mean?

 

4.       “I don’t know why more people don’t understand spontaneous public dancing.”

 

“Seriously.”

 

“Why is everyone else so UPTIGHT?”

 

“Or conversely, what’s wrong with us that we lack dignity and pride?”

 

“No, it’s them.”

 

“You’re right, it’s them. Clearly.”

 

5.       Speaking of being happy (see Random #1) – I don’t really know why I started this blog, except that I like to write and felt like I might have something to say.  I keep at it, though, because it makes me happy. I don’t know why y’all read it, but I hope that there’s something in it that brings you even a little bit of the joy that writing it brings to me.  Thanks for hanging around here. You people are AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment