Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Taking the Familiar Path

I am having one of those days where all I really want to do is get in the car and drive until I get to where I'm going. I don't know where that would be, exactly, but I feel like I would know when I got there.

Which is not to say that I don't love it here. I do love it here. I just have the urge to be somewhere else right now.

But of course, there's a million reasons not just to get in the car and go. I have to work, I have stuff to do, I have a cat, I have responsibilities, and I'm just not this spontaneous. Despite the fact that I have been struck by rampaging wanderlust, it's not who I am. It's not what I do.

Sometimes I am bored by who I am and what I do. Can I say that? I don't mean to say that I don't enjoy myself, because I do. I think I'm fun. I just wish that I could throw caution to the wind and unplug from the planning and responsible and orderly and be a little (or a lot) more messy.

Until then, I'll just dream of impossible road trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment