Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Learning To Let Go

I am a person who likes to think that, when confronted with a bad situation, I can fix it if I just try hard enough.

I have repeatedly found that this is not true. The tricky part of human nature, though, is this: just because you know intellectually that something isn't true doesn't mean that you stop believing it.

It's a challenge, though, because I will work myself into a tremendous stress ball trying to fix things when what I really need to do is back up and release my sense of ownership. Because I do not, despite all of my joking, run the universe. I can't control it.

Neither can you.

The only thing I can do is my best. Do my best and hope for grace and understand that my best is always good enough, even if I don't end up fixing anything.

And then let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment