Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tired

I'm so tired.

I knew I was tired, but then I snapped at someone who was trying to be helpful to me yesterday, and my brain said, "You can be a real asshole when you're tired."

I've got a lot going on. A lot has happened in the last two weeks. The death of a high school classmate. A new job. Monday. And there's ongoing stuff at home with Bean (I can't talk about it right now, because of the random crying portion of the program) that means I only sleep for two hours at a stretch.

And allergy season to boot.

I know that, in life, the things that are bad or difficult are balanced out by the things that are wonderful. I do know that. I went out onto the balcony with my coffee this morning and listened to the birds and watched the seagulls for a while and thought, you know, this doesn't suck. All in all, you're okay.

Sometimes you need to struggle to appreciate the times when you're NOT struggling.

You know all of those signs that say "keep calm and carry on"?

I need to make one that says "Keep Calm and Try Not To Be An Asshole To People Who Only Want To Help You".

And then, you know, do it.

And maybe take a nap.

Tomorrow will be better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment