Monday, March 26, 2012

Make a Difference Monday: Kickstarter

Make A Difference Monday is for, you know, suggesting different causes/issues/stuff  and ways you (yes, you!) might be able to make a difference if you so choose.

I know that my kinds of causes are not always EVERYONE’S kinds of causes. I know because, well, sometimes I get emails. And sometimes people tell me directly that I am woefully misguided. I’m usually fine with this – we’re all different, and that’s awesome, so whatever.

Having said that, let me tell you about Kickstarter. I was introduced to Kickstarter by my friend Ben. Ben is planning to make a documentary. About human trafficking.  (Want to know more? Check it out here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/455257829/project-lovejoy-destination-india?ref=search)

Kickstarter is a way for people to get projects – like Ben’s -- funded.

As I see it, this is a cool thing.  Because there are a million and twelve (probably more, I stopped counting at a million and twelve, though) ways in which we can all touch each other’s lives, but Kickstarter can help you to help someone else to fulfill a dream.

And helping people to fulfill dreams?

I’m pretty sure that makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment