Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Name Is Caine -- Horatio Caine

Dear David Caruso,

You’re awesome.

I don’t know WHY you’re awesome, exactly.  But lately I’ve become mildly (read: COMPLETELY) obsessed with reruns of CSI: Miami and I find myself irresistibly drawn to you and your deadpan delivery. I love your dark suits, your sunglasses, your flaming red hair (which, by the way: do you have a colourist? Because it seems like by now you should totally be greyish. S/he is doing a great job, if you do), and your sensitive yet manly portrayal of Horatio Caine.  (Also, kudos to you for reading a script that called for your character to be named Horatio and thinking, “I can make that work.” Because, really.)

I can’t stop watching you. I mean,  I should probably confess here that you’re no Mark Harmon, who will remain my first true love (okay, my second true love. My FIRST true love was Tom Selleck, because … well, have you ever watched Magnum PI? For real) but there’s something about your squinty face (it’s the Miami sun, right? Maybe you should wear your sunglasses more often?) that I find adorable and inexplicably compelling.   

I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s the red hair and the Miami scenery. Maybe it’s all of the geekery (some of which is horribly inaccurate, but I forgive you) and the science-y terms. Maybe it’s the restrained (barely) badassery. Maybe it’s the Who screaming out the theme song at the beginning of the show.

Maybe it’s because you seem to have studied at the Shatner School of Weird Line Delivery? (I loved him too, once upon a time. KHAAAAAAAANNNN!)

I don’t even CARE.

Whatever it is, it’s awesome. And watchable. And strangely attractive.

In the words of the Who: YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

See you on A&E!

No comments:

Post a Comment